I wanted something warm and comforting for breakfast yesterday and had a huge pile of fresh peaches on the counter so I decided to experiment with baked peaches.
I normally make baked apples in the fall with brown sugar and cinnamon, so I just adapted the recipe a bit for the stove top and cut down the bake time given how much softer peaches are.
It took less than 10minutes to whip up and even less time to eat! They were delicious! I opted to add some vanilla yogurt on top instead of ice cream to make them a bit more breakfast friendly.
- 1 peach
- 1 tbsp of butter (I used Earth Balance Soy Free)
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of vanilla yogurt
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a pan
- Slice the peach in half and lay the flat side down in the pan
- Place a lid on the pan and bake about 5-7minutes
- Place on a plate and pour extra syrup over the peaches
- Add yogurt into the pit indent