Every morning I have the internal debate – coffee or smoothie. Logically I know smoothies have more nutritional value, but they also take time to make and the tired girl who just woke up just wants her coffee!
One morning in a foggy haze I decided enough was enough. I was going to end the debate. I could have both! I threw some fruit in the blender, added some spinach, poured in the coffee and then had a moment of panic.
A brown smoothie? Gross.
Spinach and coffee? Ick.
What was I thinking? (I wasn’t – I had just woken up)
Too late to turn back, I nervously turned on the blender.
Surprisingly the smoothie stayed green. Yes!
I poured a cup and tentatively took a sip. Mmmm the sweetness of the fruit definitely came through, and the coffee flavor was super subtle. Just enough to taste, but not enough to over power.
For anyone who has the morning dilemma of coffee or smoothie, this is for you!
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of spinach greens
- 1 container of Kite Hill strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup of frozen mixed tropical fruit (strawberries, pineapple, mango, and peaches)
- 1 packet of Amazing Grass green superfood powder
- ¼ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of cold coffee