Spring is here which means it’s time to start cooking light and fresh.
I love this chicken recipe mainly because of the sauce. It’s absolutely delicious, and when you simmer the rice in it, it’s almost like risotto.
Best part is it’s allergy friendly – no dairy, soy, eggs, or gluten. If you wanted to make it vegan, exclude the chicken and just have it as risotto!
- Chicken breasts(6-8)
- 1 12oz container of sundried tomatoes
- 4 tbsp earth balance butter (soy-free)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 cup of spinach
- Cook the chicken on the stove top in a large skillet with a drizzle of olive oil
- Once chicken is cooked set aside
- In the same skillet you cooked the chicken in, add the butter, coconut milk, rosemary, salt, pepper, bay leaf and garli – let simmer for about 5min
- Add in gluten free flour1 tsp at a time, constantly stirring until it’s thickened into a sauce
- Then add in sundried tomatos, kale, and spinach
- Add in cooked rice and let simmer for 15min stirring occasionally
- Add the chicken back in the skillet and simmer for 5min
- Serve chicken with the rice and sauce