I came home last night and had the sudden need to bake. The oven was just calling my name. Since Friday morning is traditionally donuts and coffee in the office I decided to make my own!
Since it’s starting to get warmer outside I decided to try one of my favorite warm weather flavor combos – lemon and blueberry. Something about those flavors screams spring.
While I’m calling these donuts, they’re really more like small cakes with a hole in the middle. But hey, cake donuts were always my favorite so, I’ll chalk it up to semantics.
- 2 cups of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar cane
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- Zest 1 lemon
- 0.5 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the cake/donut pan with olive oil
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Add in the milk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar
- Zest the lemon into the batter, and add in the blueberries gently
- Pour batter into the pan filling about halfway
- Bake for 45minutes and let cool
- Top with homemade glaze or coconut butter - or eat them plain. Enjoy!