I’ve been seeing so many posts about protein bites/balls lately I decided it was about time I tried my own. I tried cacao first, and then tried making a lemon vanilla flavor in honor of spring time.
These bites are surprisingly easy to make – less than 10 ingredients, one bowl, and no baking required. Plus the base recipe can be adapted for so many flavors. The recipe makes 10-12 balls depending on how large you make them.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup of mulberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vega)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (will need extra to roll balls in)
- Mix oats, oat flour, shredded and protein powder in a large bowl
- Add in molasses, vanilla extract, and lemon zest
- Add in almond milk ¼ cup at a time until the mixture has a sticky texture, but can still hold a ball form
- Roll out 1-2tbsp scoops into balls
- Roll balls in shredded coconut