I was in the grocery store this morning and found myself in the snack aisle. Other than the dairy aisle, for me, this is probably the most dangerous place in the whole store.
Everything is super processed and filled with gluten and dairy, plus soy and eggs to boot. Yet it all looks so yummy. The sweet tooth wants what it wants.
I stayed strong, sort of. Instead of completely caving and chowing down on a box of store made rice crispy treats (and then feeling sick for a week), I decided to make my own.
I grabbed some rice Chex cereal (least amount of ingredients I could find…plus I could pronounce them), some marshmallows (“a food so fake we can’t be allergic to it” according to my sister), and some Earth Balance soy free butter.
Three ingredients, and some elbow grease, was all I needed to make some ooey gooey Chex marshmallow treats of my own.
While I can’t exactly call them healthy…I can at least say they make both my sweet tooth and my tummy happy!
- 12 cups of Rice Chex cereal
- 2 bags of marshmallows
- 6 tbsp of Earth Balance soy free butter
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat
- Once melted add in the marshmallows slowly and stir until they are all melted
- Slowly add in the cereal, stirring until it’s all coated in the melted marshmallow
- Pour into a 9×13 pan and let cool
- Cut into 12 (or more) squares