I used to have a go to lemon blueberry French toast overnight casserole recipe that was my go-to brunch item. So for Mother’s Day brunch this year I decided to try making an allergy friendly version using some of my favorite bagels from The Greater Knead. They have a French toast flavor, which worked perfectly!
This recipe is quick to throw together and you can prep it the night before, so that all you need to do is pop it in the oven while you set the table day of. Easy right?
- 8 French Toast bagels (cut into cubes)
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 lemon zest
- 4 eggs (I used Follow Your Heart, Vegan Egg)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup agave
- Cube the bagels and put into a 9x13 baking pan
- Layer in the blueberries
- In a bowl mix the egg, almond milk, lemon zest, cinnamon, agave, and vanilla
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bagel cubes
- If you are doing the overnight version - cover and let sit in the refrigerator. You can also let it sit for 2hrs and then bake if you want to make it day of.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Bake for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown