Potato salad is such a classic summer time staple. It’s the perfect picnic or BBQ side dish, and is so easy to make!
We took advantage of the first sunny weekend since April to make some major progress on the back deck and yard. It’s been a crazy start to spring. It feels like every time we get lucky with nice weather on the weekend we’ve been out of town. So finally, this weekend’s weather forecast was beautiful so we took full advantage of it! Weeding, cleaning off the disgusting grime on the deck furniture, pruning the rose bushes, you name it, we did it. Doing all that yard work really builds up an appetite!
When we finally were able to sit back and enjoy our hard work we had to celebrate by grilling. While M. fired up the grill, I whipped up some potato salad as a side. To make this recipe work for my restrictions, I skipped the hard boiled egg and opted for Chipotle Soy-Free Vegenaise by Follow Your Heart for some extra kick without the dairy, egg, or soy. It was so easy to whip up, and the chipotle flavor really gave it a nice spice without being too overwhelming. Even though M. loves his hard boiled eggs, this recipe still got two thumbs up!
- 3 lbs of baby potatoes
- 1 cup of soy free vegenaise
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil
- Cut the potatoes in half and add them to the water; turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool
- While the potatoes are cooling, mix vegenaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery, and onions
- Add the potatoes and fold into the mixture
- Add spices to taste