I have gotten so many zucchinis in my co-op share that I've run out of ways to make them. I asked around for some ideas today and I am so glad I did!
First up, vegetable soup. My friend sent me a basic vegetable soup recipe and because I'm terrible at following directions I improvised a bit. It's super easy to make, makes about 2 liters of soup, and is done in less than 45 minute.
- 3 zucchini
- 1 tomato
- 5 large carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of red hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp of gluten free flour
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 8oz of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- Chop up the zucchini, carrots, and onion and brown in a pan for about 5minutes
- Chop up the tomato and add into the pan
- Add in the spices and the flour, stir so that the flour doesn't get clumpy
- Add in the coconut milk and the vegetable broth, let it simmer for 25 minutes
- If you have a hand blender then hand blend the soup, if not, transfer to a standing blender and blend until all the ingredients are combined
- Add in the cashews and blend again
- Enjoy while hot!